JBL MultiBeam™ technology brings the ultimate cinematic experience to your home. No extra speakers or wires are needed.
You got the power
With 550 Watts of system output power, experience your movies and music like never before. Immersive, powerful sound to match your viewing pleasure.
Feel the bass
Punchy, precise bass from a mighty 10’’ wireless subwoofer brings the action to action movies, and ensures any soundtrack sounds epic.
Chromecast and Airplay 2 built-in
Built-in WiFi and compatibility with Chromecast and Airplay 2 means you can stream your all favourite online content with amazing sound, with a simple finger tap.
True HDMI 4K Pass-through
The best 4K video resolution deserves the best sound to go with it. Your TV and the JBL Bar 5.1 Surround are the ultimate power couple.
Stream it all
Not in the mood for a film? No problem. With the JBL Bar 5.1 Surround, you can also enjoy wireless music streaming via Bluetooth from your mobile or tablet.
Frequently Bought Together
Experience panoramic surround sound
The impressive JBL Bar 5.1 Surround delivers the ultimate home cinematic experience. Bring everything you watch to life with 550 Watts of power and a 10’’ subwoofer: the driving bass of an action movie, the tension of a thriller or the beauty of a nature documentary. Built-in Chromecast and Airplay 2 lets you stream and manage online content, and Bluetooth means your streamed music sounds great, too. Amazing surround sound comes from JBL MultiBeam™ technology. JBL has powered the world’s movie theatres for more than 75 years. Now you can bring that power home.
- Bar 5.1 CNTR (Soundbar Unit), BAR 5.1 SUB (Subwoofer Unit)
- Power supply
- 100 - 240V AC, ~ 50/60Hz
- Soundbar output power (Max. @THD 1%)
- 5 x 50W
- Subwoofer output power (Max. @THD 1%)
- standby power
- networked standby power
- Operating temperature
- 0°C - 45°C
- Off Mode
- Network Standby
- Time to standby
- * Standby
- in the condition of all wireless connections of Soundbar are deactivated, if no provide any audio or video signal to the Soundbar unit, the Soundbar unit will automatically into standby mode in 10 minutes.
- * Networked standby
- in the condition of any wireless connection of Soundbar is activated, if no provide any audio or video signal to the Soundbar unit, the Subwoofer and Soundbar unit will automatically into networked standby mode in 10 minutes.
BAR 5.1 SURROUND is in compliance with European Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and (EU) No 801/2013.
Any audio or video recover will bring device from standby to operation mode.
- Total speaker power output (Max. @THD 1%)
- Max SPL
- Frequency response
- 40Hz - 20KHz
- Audio inputs
- 1 Optical, Bluetooth, USB (USB playback is available in US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only.)
- MP3 Codec
- MPEG 1 Layer 2/3, MPEG 2 Layer 3, MPEG 2.5 Layer 3
- MP3 sampling rate
- 16KHz - 48 KHz
- MP3 bitrate
- 80kbps - 320kbps
- Soundbar transducer
- 5 x 4690” racetrack drivers +2 x 1.25” side-firing tweeters
- Subwoofer transducer
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 1018 x 58 x 100mm / 40” x 2.28” x 3.94” (Soundbar); 305 x 440 x 305mm / 12” x 17.3” x 12” (Subwoofer)
- 2.85KG (Soundbar); 10.62Kg (Subwoofer)
Control and Connection Specifications
- USB port
- Type A
- USB rating
- 5V DC, 0.5A
- Supporting file format
- mp3, wav
- Bluetooth version
- Bluetooth profile
- A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.5
- Bluetooth frequency range
- 2402MHz - 2480MHz
- Bluetooth Max. transmitting power
- <11dBm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
- GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Wi-Fi network
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi frequency range
- 2412 – 2472MHz (2.4GHz ISM Band, USA 11 Channels, Europe and others 13 Channels)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power
- Modulation Type
- DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- 5G Wi-Fi frequency range
- 5.15 - 5.35GHz, 5.725 - 5.825GHz
- 5G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power
- Modulation Type
- QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
- 5G Wireless frequency range
- 5161.35 - 5245.35MHz, 5736.35 - 5820.35MHz
- 5G Max. transmitting power
- <9dBm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
- π/4 DQPSK
Documents & Downloads
Hello! We have a jbl bar 5.1 (550w) and since yesterday the volume became very low. Previously we used it on volume 3-4, which now equals to 11-12. Is this the result of a software update maybe? Power off & reset did not solve the problem. Peter
I just bought the 5.1 surround system and the volume seems way lower then 5oo watts more like 50 why wont this go any louder ?
It seems the bass levels have changed from low, mid, high to levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Was this from a software update and was anything else changed?
I just got this bar and can't get smart mode to toggle off. Any suggestions? Holding the mute button does nothing.
What the difference with the other 5.1
Is there a way to turn off the chime that sounds every time the volume of the soundbar is raised or lowered?
HDMI Cable in HDMI/ARC port on TV does not produce sound, with or without an optical cable. Only the Optical cable alone works, which is not included. Problem - HDMI cable connections, can you suggest a solution so there's no need for optical to be used?
I just purchased this today and like it however I have a question. Is the max volume 32? When I was turning it up listening to a son after 32 it said "max" and wouldn't get any louder? Is that right? I've had cheaper sound bars that went louder.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 109ms
- questions, product