Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware
Provides a high degree of both vertical and horizontal rotation, and a high degree of theft deterrence
110° x 110° symmetrical coverage
Provides the same coverage regardless whether the cabinet is installed in vertical or horizontal orientation
Highly outdoor-capable design
WeatherMax™ multi-layer grille and optional marine-kit grille for salt-air environments
Built-in 150 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer with 8Ω thru
For operation on distributed speaker lines
Two-Way High-Output Indoor-Outdoor Monitor Speaker
The Control 31 utilizes high-power components, computer optimized horn, and a complex network to achieve smooth, powerful high-fidelity performance, extended bandwidth, and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. The 250 mm (10 inch) low-frequency driver features a woven fiberglass cone for a high degree of weather capability and pure butyl rubber surround for clean sound quality, a high-temperature fiberglass voice coil former for high sensitivity, high output capability and stable performance under long-term high power working conditions. The optimized cone geometry provides for smooth frequency response and good off-axis performance. A linear suspension spider provides low distortion, while FEA-optimized motor construction produces minimum harmonic distortion. An aluminum coupler ring outside the pole post further reduces distortion and further increases the sensitivity. The high-output high frequency compression driver features a unique patented design, high temperature polymer diaphragm, and fluid-cooling for high output levels with low distortion. The high-frequency waveguide was designed using JBL’s advanced ImageControl™ process for accurate, low-distortion control, with smooth frequency response and excellent sound character throughout the frequency band, over the entire listening area. It’s 110° x 110° symmetrical coverage, provides the same coverage regardless whether the cabinet is installed in vertical or horizontal orientation. The field-proven top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows for use on either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In the Thru setting, the 8 ohm impedance allows for the use of up to two speakers on a 4-ohm capable amplifier channel. The included InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41° off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36° (horn end inward) or 23° (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-30UB (& “-WH” for white) U-bracket allows for compact installation and is particularly useful for low-profile applications. Weather resistance has been maximized. The low-frequency driver features a woven fiberglass cone, a pure butyl rubber surround, and the basket is rear loaded into the baffle to minimize exposure. The high-frequency compression driver has a highly weather capable polymer diaphragm. The grille is thermoset composite coated and stands up well to UV as well as humidity. The grille is backed with our WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave screening to help prevent incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker’s terminals. The white-version cabinets are painted with a UV-resistant finish to resist yellowing due to UV exposure. Available in black or white (-WH), the cabinet will accept a variety of paints to match any décor.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- 33Hz – 19kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)
- 42Hz – 14kHz
- Power Ratings
- 250 W (1000 W peak), 2 hrs. ; 200 W (800 W peak), 100 hrs.
- Maximum SPL @ 1m
- 116 dB continuous (123 dB peak)
- Nominal Sensitivity
- 92 dB
- Coverage Angle
- 110° x 110°
- Directivity Factor (Q)
- 5.7, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI)
- 7.3 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Crossover Type
- 2nd order low-pass, 2nd order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping circuitry.
- Transformer Taps
- 70V = 150W, 75W, 38W, 19W ; 100V =
- Recommended High-Pass
- Protective 40 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for any transformer tap and for 8Ω operation
- Low Frequency Transducer
- 250 mm (10 in) woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 52 mm (2 in) voice coil on hightemperature fiberglass voice coil former, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, FEA-optimized motor construction, aluminum ring on pole piece.
- High Frequency Transducer
- JBL 2414H-C compression driver with 25 mm (1 in) diaphragm and voice coil diameter, high temperature polymer diaphragm, JBL-patented design, fluid-cooled.
- Included Accessories
- 1 pc MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall wall-mounting system, 6 mm x 305 mm InvisiBall hex wrench.
- Optional Accessories
- MTC-30MK Marine-Kit Grille in black or white (-WH), consisting of grille and protective covers for baffle screws. ; MTC-30CM (&-WH) Ceiling-Mount Adapter for installing speaker down from the ceiling. ; MTC-30UB (&-WH) U-Bracket
- 593 x 372 x 345 mm (23.3 x 14.6 x 13.5 in)
- Weight (ea)
- 18.8 kg (41.5lb)
- Shipping Weight (ea)
- 22.0 kg (48.5 lb)
- Enclosure Material
- High impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill plus patent-pending internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold for additional cabinet density
- Zinc-plated and thermoset-composite coated steel, WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam with tight-weave mesh vapor barrier
- InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Ten 6 mm attachment points on cabinet for suspending or for optional U-bracket. One 6 mm secondary safety attachment point (for forged shoulder steel eyebolt, not included) on back panel.
- IP-55 per IEC529. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray. Optional MTC-30MK marine-kit grille increases longevity in highly corrosive environments.
- Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm)
- Agency Rating
- Transformer is listed per UL1876
Documents & Downloads
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
- questions, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';