Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware
Provides a high degree of both vertical and horizontal rotation, and a high degree of theft deterrence
110° x 110° symmetrical coverage
Provides the same coverage regardless whether the cabinet is installed in vertical or horizontal orientation
Highly outdoor-capable design
WeatherMax™ multi-layer grille and optional marine-kit grille for salt-air environments
Built-in 150 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer with 8Ω thru
For operation on distributed speaker lines
Specs & Downloads
Item# CONTROL 31-WH
Two-Way High-Output Indoor-Outdoor Monitor Speaker
The Control 31 utilizes high-power components, computer optimized horn, and a complex network to achieve smooth, powerful high-fidelity performance, extended bandwidth, and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. The 250 mm (10 inch) low-frequency driver features a woven fiberglass cone for a high degree of weather capability and pure butyl rubber surround for clean sound quality, a high-temperature fiberglass voice coil former for high sensitivity, high output capability and stable performance under long-term high power working conditions. The optimized cone geometry provides for smooth frequency response and good off-axis performance. A linear suspension spider provides low distortion, while FEA-optimized motor construction produces minimum harmonic distortion. An aluminum coupler ring outside the pole post further reduces distortion and further increases the sensitivity. The high-output high frequency compression driver features a unique patented design, high temperature polymer diaphragm, and fluid-cooling for high output levels with low distortion. The high-frequency waveguide was designed using JBL’s advanced ImageControl™ process for accurate, low-distortion control, with smooth frequency response and excellent sound character throughout the frequency band, over the entire listening area. It’s 110° x 110° symmetrical coverage, provides the same coverage regardless whether the cabinet is installed in vertical or horizontal orientation. The field-proven top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows for use on either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In the Thru setting, the 8 ohm impedance allows for the use of up to two speakers on a 4-ohm capable amplifier channel. The included InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41° off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36° (horn end inward) or 23° (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-30UB (& “-WH” for white) U-bracket allows for compact installation and is particularly useful for low-profile applications. Weather resistance has been maximized. The low-frequency driver features a woven fiberglass cone, a pure butyl rubber surround, and the basket is rear loaded into the baffle to minimize exposure. The high-frequency compression driver has a highly weather capable polymer diaphragm. The grille is thermoset composite coated and stands up well to UV as well as humidity. The grille is backed with our WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave screening to help prevent incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker’s terminals. The white-version cabinets are painted with a UV-resistant finish to resist yellowing due to UV exposure. Available in black or white (-WH), the cabinet will accept a variety of paints to match any décor.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- 33Hz – 19kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)
- 42Hz – 14kHz
- Power Ratings
- 250 W (1000 W peak), 2 hrs. ; 200 W (800 W peak), 100 hrs.
- Maximum SPL @ 1m
- 116 dB continuous (123 dB peak)
- Nominal Sensitivity
- 92 dB
- Coverage Angle
- 110° x 110°
- Directivity Factor (Q)
- 5.7, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI)
- 7.3 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Crossover Type
- 2nd order low-pass, 2nd order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping circuitry.
- Transformer Taps
- 70V = 150W, 75W, 38W, 19W ; 100V =
- Recommended High-Pass
- Protective 40 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for any transformer tap and for 8Ω operation
- Low Frequency Transducer
- 250 mm (10 in) woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 52 mm (2 in) voice coil on hightemperature fiberglass voice coil former, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, FEA-optimized motor construction, aluminum ring on pole piece.
- High Frequency Transducer
- JBL 2414H-C compression driver with 25 mm (1 in) diaphragm and voice coil diameter, high temperature polymer diaphragm, JBL-patented design, fluid-cooled.
- Included Accessories
- 1 pc MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall wall-mounting system, 6 mm x 305 mm InvisiBall hex wrench.
- Optional Accessories
- MTC-30MK Marine-Kit Grille in black or white (-WH), consisting of grille and protective covers for baffle screws. ; MTC-30CM (&-WH) Ceiling-Mount Adapter for installing speaker down from the ceiling. ; MTC-30UB (&-WH) U-Bracket
- 593 x 372 x 345 mm (23.3 x 14.6 x 13.5 in)
- Weight (ea)
- 18.8 kg (41.5lb)
- Shipping Weight (ea)
- 22.0 kg (48.5 lb)
- Enclosure Material
- High impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill plus patent-pending internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold for additional cabinet density
- Zinc-plated and thermoset-composite coated steel, WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam with tight-weave mesh vapor barrier
- InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Ten 6 mm attachment points on cabinet for suspending or for optional U-bracket. One 6 mm secondary safety attachment point (for forged shoulder steel eyebolt, not included) on back panel.
- IP-55 per IEC529. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray. Optional MTC-30MK marine-kit grille increases longevity in highly corrosive environments.
- Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm)
- Agency Rating
- Transformer is listed per UL1876
Documents & Downloads
Reviews and Q&A
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
- questions, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
Register your JBL product
Do you own this product? Register it here in case you need to claim warrantyRegister Now
Can't find what you're looking for?
Are you looking for product support, documentation, how-tos or older products?JBL Support