Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware
Provides a high degree of both vertical and horizontal rotation, and a high degree of theft deterrence
Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
In addition to the driver designs contributing toward a high degree of weather resistance, the cabinet provides excellent endurance against sun, salt and moisture. Grilles are heavily zinc-plated and finished in a tough, high-grade powder coating for rust resistance.
Contemporary high-design look
Fits into a wide range of decors
Rich sonic character
High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 45 Hz – 20 kHz
Wide 100° x 100° coverage
Allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation
Specs & Downloads
Item# CONTROL 28-1-WH
High Output Indoor/Outdoor Background/Foreground Speaker
The Control® 28-1 is a two-way 8” speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent coverage, versatile mounting, and a contemporary highdesign look that fits into a wide range of decors, This makes Control 28-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality high-output indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required. The unique InvisiBall mounting hardware is included in with each system, making short work of permanent installation. The InvisiBall mounting method provides a high degree of both vertical and horizontal rotation, and because InvisiBall adjustments are made through a hidden access behind the logo badge, the grille never needs to be removed and there exists a high degree of theft deterrence as well. Integrated M6 mounting points for an optional U-bracket adds to the installation versatility. The LF driver’s woven fiberglass cone provides durability and weather capable performance. The light weight high temperature fiberglass voice coil former and high temperature voice coil wire ensures stable performance under longterm high-power working conditions while also providing high sensitivity and high power capability. The pure butyl rubber surround delivers clean sound and ruggedness, while terminating its circumference in JBL’s WeatherEdge™, a seamless, rubberized extension of the woofer surround that provides added protection to critical transducer elements. Cone geometry is optimized for smooth frequency response and good off-axis performance, while an FEAoptimized motor construction and linear suspension spider helps to lower harmonic distortion. The HF driver’s low viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid increases voice coil cooling for higher long-term power handling. The PEI diaphragm delivers a smooth high frequency sound quality. A light weight Kapton™ voice coil former increases durability while providing better high frequency response extension. All these factors also contribute toward making the driver especially rugged for outdoor and other stressful applications. In addition to the driver designs contributing toward a high degree of weather resistance, the cabinet provides excellent endurance against sun, salt and moisture. Grilles are heavily zinc-plated and finished in a tough, highgrade powder coating for rust resistance, and optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grilles are available for especially difficult environments and to break up driving rain. Connection is made via weather-capable screw-down terminals, and the optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 panel covers are available to protect the terminal compartment, providing a water-tight sealed gland-nut entrance (when used with round-jacketed cable within the specified diameter range). The frequency response is extremely smooth, resulting in a very natural sound character, and the response extends down to 45 Hz, providing strong bass capability. The system is capable of handling 120 Watts continuous pink noise (240 Watts program) at its 8 ohm setting and is also equipped with a built-in 60 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer for operation on distributed speaker lines. The combination of high sensitivity and power handling provides high Max SPL of 112 dB. The Control 28-1 readily accepts a variety of paints and finishes to match any décor.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- 45 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
- 62Hz - 16 kHz
- Power Rating
- 240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs) ; 120 W (480W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs) ; 90 W (360W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage
- 27.5 V RMS (2 hrs), 55.0 V peak
- Maximum SPL
- 112 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (118 dB peak)
- 91 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle
- 100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q)
- 7.3 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI)
- 8.3dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type
- 2nd order low-pass, 1st order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping
- Transformer Taps
- 70V = 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W ; 100V = 60W, 30W, 15W ; Insertion Loss = <0.94 dB at any tap setting ; Thru Setting = 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective High-Pass
- 45 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Ω operation plus 15W and 7.5W taps; 55 Hz for 30W tap; 65 Hz for 60W tap.
- Low Frequency Transducer
- 200 mm (8 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Transducer
- 25 mm (1 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former
- Included Accessories
- InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system), 6 mm x 180 mm hex key
- Optional Accessories
- MTC-28UB-1 – Yolk-type U-bracket (&-WH) ; MTC-28WMG-1 – WeatherMax grille with backing (&-WH) ; MTC-28/25CM – Ceiling-Mount InvisiBall adapter (&-WH)
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 386 x 282 x 219 mm (15.2 x 11.1 x 8.6 in); 277 mm (10.9 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.
- Net Weight
- 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight
- 15.4 kg (34 lbs) pair-packed (for 2 speakers)
- Enclosure Material
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments
- Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating
- ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
Documents & Downloads
Reviews and Q&A
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 5ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
Does it use WiFi 2.4 or 5 GHz
I have four of these installed at my home. Each one runs directly back to an amp. What is the recommended amp size (per channel)? Is there a recommended amp to pair these with? I prefer a single 4-channel amp or a pair of 2-channel amps.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 116ms
- questions, product
Register your JBL product
Do you own this product? Register it here in case you need to claim warrantyRegister Now
Can't find what you're looking for?
Are you looking for product support, documentation, how-tos or older products?JBL Support