Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware
Provides a high degree of both vertical and horizontal rotation, and a high degree of theft deterrence
Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
In addition to the driver designs contributing toward a high degree of weather resistance, the cabinet provides excellent endurance against sun, salt and moisture. Grilles are heavily zinc-plated and finished in a tough, high-grade powder coating for rust resistance.
Contemporary high-design look
Fits into a wide range of decors
Rich sonic character
High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 70 Hz – 20 kHz
Wide 100° x 100° coverage
Allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation
Built-in 15 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer
For operation on distributed speaker lines
Specs & Downloads
Item# CONTROL 23-1-WH
Ultra-Compact Indoor/Outdoor Background/Foreground Speaker
The Control® 23-1 is a two-way 3” speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent dispersion, versatile mounting, and a contemporary high-design look that fits into a wide range of decors. This makes Control 23-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality compact indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required. NOTE: Priced as each but must be sold as pairs, so two must be ordered.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
- 95 Hz - 19 kHz
- Power Rating
- 100W Continuous Program (2 hrs) ; 50 W (200W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs) ; 40 W (160W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage
- 17.2 V RMS (2 hrs), 34.4 V peak
- Maximum SPL
- 103 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (109 dB peak)
- 86 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle
- 100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q)
- 5.8 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI)
- 7.2 dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type
- 2nd order low-pass, 2nd order high-pass
- Transformer Taps
- 70V = 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W, 1.8W ; 100V = 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W ; Insertion Loss <0.43 dB at any tap setting ; Thru Setting = 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective High-Pass
- 70 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) (for 8Ω operation and for all 70V/100V taps settings) .
- Low Frequency Driver
- 76 mm (3.0 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp Kapton™ voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Driver
- 13 mm (0.5 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former.
- Included Accessories
- InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system), 4 mm x 80 mm hex key
- Optional Accessories
- MTC-23UB-1 – Yolk-type U-bracket (&-WH) ; MTC-23WMG-1 – WeatherMax grille with backing (&-WH) ; MTC-23CM – Ceiling-Mount InvisiBall adapter (&-WH)
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 200 x 141 x 111 mm (7.9 x 5.6 x 4.4 in) ; 141 mm (5.6 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket
- Net Weight
- 1.8 kg (4.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight
- 3.85kg (8.5 lbs) for the pair-pack (for 2 speakers)
- Enclosure Material
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-23WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-23UB-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel
- IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-23WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-23WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating
- ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
Documents & Downloads
Reviews and Q&A
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 5ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
- questions, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';
Register your JBL product
Do you own this product? Register it here in case you need to claim warrantyRegister Now
Can't find what you're looking for?
Are you looking for product support, documentation, how-tos or older products?JBL Support