Asymmetrical vertical coverage
Sends more sound toward far area of room to make front-to-back sound levels more consistent
Patented Constant Beamwidth Technology™
Provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing
Switchable vertical pattern coverage
Switchable between 45° for medium-throw coverage and 25° for long-throw applications
Provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode
Maximizes clarity at high drive levels while protecting the drivers from damage due to overpowering
Frequently Bought Together
Constant Beamwidth Technology™ Two-Way Line Array Column with Asymmetrical Vertical Cove
The CBT 70J-1, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor column speakers. The CBT 70J-1 combines Constant Beamwidth Technology with a physical J-shaped curving, resulting in a very well controlled progressive line array with asymmetrical vertical coverage. The asymmetrical coverage produces a higher concentration of sound with a tighter pattern from the upper half of the array and a lower concentration of sound with a broader vertical pattern from the lower half of the array. This sends more sound toward the far area of the room than to the near area of the room, resulting in more even front-to-back SPL levels than would be the case from a traditional speaker or column that projects symmetrically in the vertical plane. The two-way coaxial design provides a wide 60 Hz – 20 kHz bandwidth. The low-diffraction baffle eliminates frequency response irregularities that could otherwise occur due to baffle discontinuities. The thick, heavy-duty aluminum grille stands up to portable/event applications while allowing for rust-free installation outdoors. The slim, compact design fits well into virtually any architectural decor. The 70 cm (27.6 in) tall line array height provides consistent pattern control throughout the intelligibility band, making the CBT 70J-1 work well in difficult acoustic environments.
- Four 130 mm (5 in) LF drivers ; Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) HF drivers
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- 60 Hz – 20 kHz
- Vertical Coverage (Vertical Narrow Mode)
- 25° (2 kHz - 16 kHz) (±10°)
- Vertical Coverage (Vertical Broad Mode)
- 45° (750 Hz - 16 kHz) (±10°)
- Vertical Coverage (Horizontal)
- 150° (500 Hz – 8 kHz, ±20°)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m) Narrow
- (speech mode) 98 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz ) ; (music mode) 93 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m) Broad
- (speech mode) 96 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz) ; (music mode) 92 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Power Capacity
- 500 W (2000 W peak), 2 hrs ; 350 W (1400 W peak), 100 hrs
- Max SPL Narrow
- (speech mode) 125 dB cont ave (131 peak) ; (music mode) 120 dB cont ave (126 peak)
- Max SPL Broad
- (speech mode) 123 dB cont ave (129 peak) ; (music mode) 119 dB cont ave (125 peak)
- Low Frequency Drivers
- 4 pcs, 130 mm (5 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, 38 mm (1.5 in) voice coil, damped blended textile surround, coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance, shielded.
- High Frequency Drivers
- 16 pcs, 25 mm (1 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, encased magnet and coated diaphragm for moisture, UV and salt resistance, shielded.
- Outdoor Capability
- IP-55 rated, per IEC529, when installed with optional MTC-PC2 panel cover. UV, moisture and 200-hr ASTM G85 acid-air/salt-spray resistant.
- Insert Points
- 10 M6 swivel (pan)/tilt (16 mm deep) insert points on back panel.
- Included swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/-80 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt -- see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), continuously variable +/-15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel of cabinet conform to industry standard rectangular 127 x 70 mm (5.0 x 2.75 in) pattern for OmniMount® 60.0 and other compatible third-party brackets. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension.
- Included Accessories
- Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket
- Optional Accessories
- MTC-PC2 terminal panel cover ; MTC-CBT-SMB1 Stand-Mount Bracket for use with 35 mm heavy duty speaker stand ; MTC-CBT-FM2 flush-mount low-profile wall-mount bracket
- 694 mm (27.4 in)
- 170 mm (6.7 in)
- 237 mm (9.3 in)
- Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
What's in The Box?
- 1 x CBT 70J-1
- 1 x Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket
Documents & Downloads
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
- questions, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';