JBL Premium Sound with GreenEdge™ Technologies
The Prius is one of the first of many Toyota models to receive the benefits of JBL GreenEdge™, a suite of technologies that improves audio system performance while reducing environmental impact. The Prius GreenEdge optimized JBL system delivers improved overall dynamic performance and higher Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) with considerably lower power consumption - up to 50% less at maximum volume.
Of course the listening experience is also enhanced, with exceptional acoustic performance, including dynamics that more closely match the source materials. Over 1,000 man-hours of precise adjustments went into custom-tuning this JBL Toyota audio system in order to deliver the best possible listening experience to each of the vehicle's occupants.
- 8-channel high-voltage DSP amplifier. 120 GreenEdge Watts ≈ 600 Equivalent Watts. Eight speakers in eight locations.
- Two 25mm High Efficiency (HiE) tweeters, one at either end of the instrument panel.
- Two 7 x 10 inch HiE woofers, one in each front door.
- Two 25mm HiE tweeters, high in the rear doors.
- Two 170mm HiE woofers, low in the rear doors.